Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What I Can't Understand

As the title implies, this is a post about what I can't understand. Trust me, that's a ton of stuff. I think my saving grace is that I don't pretend to even have the slightest snowball's chance in hot, hot hell of an idea when it comes to a many of things. Example, astrophysics, I won't venture even the smallest guess. Calculus? Not a chance! Rocket surgery, don't even think about handing me that scalpel!
All of that aside, here is my most recent confusion about life as I know it...why others think they are somehow punishing me by doing, or in some cases, not doing something. This is especially prevalent amongst teenagers. The whole idea of "I'm not going to do my homework, that'll show him" just baffles my mind. After all, any teacher has already been there and done that school thing.
Most recently, I have had experiences with a therapeutic summer program where quitting seems to be the one avenue for revenge on us "a-hole" adult types. I actually had a kid say to me, and I quote, "You'll be sorry when I don't come back tomorrow!" Huh? You mean to tell me that you're going to punish me for your crappy behavior by not showing up to the next day of the program? Oh please, don't hurt me like that! Don't give me a day without your unprovoked drama! I'm begging you, whatever you do, do not leave me alone in my peace of mind! Oh the horror! To put it bluntly, I'm not running a therapeutic group because I need to practice my social and coping skills.
I told you, I don't get it.
I also don't, for the life of me, understand how anyone of any age can be an absolute jackass and still somehow believe that they are in the right by putting the blame for a conflict on the people they piss off. Almost as if they mean to tell me that it is somehow my fault that they are acting offensively, rudely, and all-out mean. That's not even taking the fact that I have almost nothing to do with the choices they make into account. I guess I'm just confused.
All in all, I really try to do my best to be responsible for all of my choices and actions. I also make sure to only call a spade a spade, to call it as I see it in other words. What else am I to do? Well, for starters, I think I'll go to sleep...
and that's me, right now, in the middle of everything.

1 comment:

ms. park said...

ohhhh jackass...

i know how you feel. i've asked myself the same question - but as i'm sure you know from our lovely camp - sometimes behaviors just can't really be explained.

i've added you as a link on my page - feel special.

also - my "word verification" is poobi.

which is almost boobie.

which is almost my name

-boobienipple