Monday, November 14, 2011

The Big Three

The poem in this post came to me in a blur. It started as a quick tweet before bedtime a few nights ago in a form very close to how it appears here. The thing is, I grew up Catholic, did the Communion thing, and for whatever reason I picked a Saint Christopher pendent all those years ago. A pendent I never go anywhere without actually. Fitting seeing that he is the Saint of Travelers. In the course of my life so far, Ive picked up a few ideas about how I see the world and as such, a pair of saints to accompany Christopher. I've discovered Anthony, the Saint of All Things Lost, and Isabelle, the Saint of Peace and Charity. Hence the title of this post and poem:


The Big Three

My own personal saints,
I've got three.
They say everything always comes in comes threes.
First is Saint Christopher,
For my soul's travels,
My "shotgun" saint on the peddle to the metal.
What do you say Chris? Want to see what she can do?
Saint number two: Anthony.
For those times I'm lost,
Without a map,
Up Shit's Creek without a paddle.
Last, but not least: Isabelle.
My model of peace and charity,
To remind me, that no matter what,
Even when life knocks my teeth out,
That the world is much bigger than me,
And that everyone is in the fight of their lives.


Thanks for reading. That's me, right now, in the middle of everything.

No comments: